Our last article focused on the 6000 BTU air conditioner with rating and review, but today, we will talk about 8000 BTU air conditioners.
We considered 8000 BTU air conditioners as one of the minor AC units.
Don’t worry too much; the 8000 BTU air conditioner capacity might even be ok for a good-sized or even a tiny apartment.
The question now is that how big of a room 8000 BTU air conditioner will be excellent for?
It is crucial to know what we want before making any purchase; finding what you want as much as possible is vital.
But, we are reviewing it now that 8000 BTU air conditioners can cool rooms from 250 sq ft to 400 sq ft.
The 2-3 ton air conditioners are one of the best selling they can be used to cool down:
- 16×16 rooms.
- 18×18 rooms.
- 20×20 rooms.
- And small apartments.
The above ton air conditioners are good 8000 BTU air conditioner units and bad 8000 BTU AC units.
If you have been wondering and feel concerned about the bad 8000 BTU AC, don’t be panic for you to drive out the bad ones and have a list of only the suitable 8000 BTU air conditioner; look at the below specifications:
- Noise levels: If the noise beyond 60 dB is considered loud.
- Energy-efficiency: Must be above 9 EER rating is significant.
- Max. Airflow: Have to be at 150 CFM on high fan speed settings.
- Brand: Brand is the last aspect because it is the essential factor for getting a good product, such as LG, Frigidaire, Midea, GE, Haier produce reliable and long-lasting 8000 BTU air conditioners.
Before deciding what type of 8000 BTU air conditioner you need, and if this specific 8000 BTU air conditioner is suitable for you, begin with the two types of AC units that can give 8000 cooling effects.
The best two AC Units that can produce 8000 BTU cooling effect
The only two types of air conditioners that produce 8000 BTU of the cooling effect is:
- 8000 Portable Air Conditioners.
- 8000 Window Air Conditioners.
Both types can be small enough to generate up to 8000 BTU.
Which one of the two is the best? Based on our gathered information, portable AC units are the most common because they can be carried from one room to another.
It is easy to cool 18×18 rooms while you drive to a 16×16 space.
You just need to unplug the 8000 BTU portable AC and plug it in a 115V outlet in another room.
However, as far as the second 8000 window air conditioner energy efficiency is concerned, the 8000 window AC units have the edge over the portable ones.
Before we move further, let’s see the benefits of air conditioners in the house.
Benefits Of Air Conditioners
The kind of air conditioner or the job you are doing doesn’t matter. Air conditioning offers many benefits, especially when the temperature is hot.
Here are the benefits to know:
1. Air conditioners can reduce dehydration as they lessen the likelihood of excessive sweating.
2. Too many conditions like heat and humidity can cause our overall physical, intellectual activity by making the most straightforward tasks an absolute chore.
Getting a sound air conditioning system in place can assist reduce heat and humidity.
3. Lastly, if the air conditioning system has been installed very well, then it will help renew and improve air quality.
Now that we see the benefits of air conditioning let’s further on the 8000 BTU air conditioners.
How Much Of A Room Will 8000 BTU Cool?
It was a review that the cooling output is connected with the room’s square. And the estimate given for energy-saving air conditioning is:
Like 20 BTU per 1 sq ft, you have an 8000 BTU air conditioner, it will cool a 400 sq ft room, which is the maximum suggested coverage.
About seven other factors impact how copious a room with 8000 BTU air conditioner cools, like ceiling, sun exposure, isolation, height, and many more.
To avoid a weak cooling effect, let’s consider 25 BTU or 30 BTU per square foot.
The translates go like this:
- 20 BTU per sq ft – 400 sq ft: 8000 BTU unit can cool 400 sq ft room
- 25 BTU per sq ft – 320 sq ft: 8000 BTU unit can cool 320 sq ft room
- 30 BTU per sq ft – 270 sq ft: 8000 BTU unit can cool 270 sq ft room
- 32 BTU per sq ft – 250 sq ft: 8000 BTU unit can cool 250 sq ft room
The above translates, but only 250 – 400 sq ft stand as the most realistic range for 8000 BTU air conditioner coverage.
How Substantial Electricity Of 8,000 BTU Air Conditioner Use?
The estimate of 8000 BTU AC did not really depend on the unit price, and it much depends on energy efficiency.
You might pay up to $800 or about $1,500 in electricity bills for an 8000 BTU air conditioner in some years now.
The main difference is energy efficiency, and the 8000 air conditioners measure by EER rating. A rate between cooling output and energy input.
But on average, 8000 BTU portable units have an 8.5 EER rating, while window units have a higher 9.6 EER rating.
The costs to run an 8000 BTU air conditioner given the EER rating:
- 8.5 EER rating – $124 per 1000h
- 12.0 EER rating – $84 per 1000h
Equivalent to $40 per cooling season, and might also mean much in 1 year, but in the case of portable AC can last to 10 years. In that ten years, the rate would be $400 difference.
The Quietest 8000 BTU Units
No one wants an air conditioner with too much noise as some louder portable 8000 BTU air conditioner can generate up to 60 dB on the tremendous fan speed setting.
The quietest ones can produce less than 60 dB of noise. The best silent Midea 8000 BTU U Inverter has as little as 47 dB on the costliest setting while making 476 CFM airflow.
That sounds impressive, but the quiet 8000 BTU should have a soundless compressor (the primary noise source) and an optimized airflow (the fan is the secondary noise source).